Technical Project Manager - Electronic Warfare Systems
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Saab Technology Center is further expanding its development unit in Tampere and we are seeking a talented, self-driven and highly motivated Technical Project Manager for spearheading development of next generation Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of a research and development team, you will collaborate with our cross-functional, multi-disciplinary development team in definition, design and development of electronic warfare products. This is an exciting position, which leverages both deep technical expertise as well as sharp project management skills. The selected candidate will have opportunities to engage in cutting-edge technology development across modern electronic warfare and radar solutions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading product development activities of Electronic Warfare products consisting of both HW and SW
- Development, coordination and execution of a plan and schedule with the internal and external customers
- Developing and managing customer requirements for individual projects
- Developing strategic working relationships and coordinating with internal stakeholders
- Master of Science in Technical Physics, Electrical Engineering, Digital Signal Processing or equivalent
- Broad and relevant experience from Defence, Space or Telecoms industries
- Strong experience with technical project management
- Capability to work with minimum supervision required - highly motivated and self-driven
- Comfortable with making quick/key decisions and then taking responsibility to push them forward
- Excellent communication skills in Finnish and English, verbal and written
- Knowledge with one or more of the following topics: Electronic Warfare, Radar, and Communication systems
- Experience in RF/mixed signal systems development
- Understanding of all the phases of product development process, from early concept to product ramp-down
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be Saab Technology Center in Tampere downtown, but since Saab is a global company, this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad. At Saab Technology Center, you will be part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack utilizing highly innovative hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Learn more about Saab Life
Please send your Cover letter and CV soonest through Saab Career System.
We are processing applications already during application period. In case you have any questions regarding the position, recruitment process or simply what is it like to work at Saab - please give a call to our HR Manager Teemu Turkia, tel. +358400883088.