Technical Project Manager- Embedded Software
We are looking for a technical project manager to our embedded software department. It currently consists of 50 people with roles such as software developers, architects and configuration manager. The developers are organized in smaller teams. You will play a central role and act as a leader for the software teams
- Manage the backlog of embedded software tasks.
- Drive work break down to smaller tasks and assignment to different teams.
- Communicate status of updates and progress to stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery of software after update.
- Lead CCB meetings.
- Take an active part in improving the way of working. This to further improve performance of the team.
The position as Technical Project Manager- Embedded Software is stationed at our headquarters in Huskvarna, Sweden.
To thrive in this role, you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organization and are used to efficiently collaborate with team members. You are open to new ideas, lead by example, inspire others to grow in their respective roles and take on new responsibilities.
- University degree with computer science background
- Proven leadership qualities and experience of leading people, with particular focus on HOW. That is a strong value-based leadership in accordance with Saab values.
- Skills in communicating effectively across different teams, countries and cultures.
- Willingness and proven ability to manage complexity and to drive change
- Strong technical interest
- Structured in your work
- Drive, be pro-active and have self-management capability.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations in over 100 countries, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers' changing needs. You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Training & Simulation unit who develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. The team you will join consists primarily of software engineers based in Huskvarna. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics .
Do you want to get to know our business and our people a little bit better? Here you can find some stories told by our employees.
Please submit your application early, as the selection and interview process will start immediately upon receipt of applications and the process may be concluded before the last day for application. Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.