Job Title: Technical Recruiter - Production and Engineering (1 Year FTC)
Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Recruiter with a proven track record of sourcing and hiring talented production and engineering professionals, either within an in-house or agency environment. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of recruiting technical staff preferably within the defence industry.
- Work closely with the hiring manager to manage and fulfil their recruitment campaigns
- Manage all recruitment channels
- Source and reach out to qualified candidates for current open and future roles
- Serve as a go-between for candidates and hiring managers
- Coordinate the end-to-end hiring process
- Build and report on quarterly and annual hiring plans
- Create and publish job ads
- Network with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events
- Collaborate with hiring managers to set qualification criteria for future employees
- Screen resumes and job applications, conduct phone screens to create shortlists of applicants
- Interview candidates, both online and in person, for a wide range of roles (junior, senior and executive)
- Manage the technical assessments, review and feedback process
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
- Design, distribute and measure the results of candidate experience surveys Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
- Host and participate in job fairs to expose the employer branding
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings
- Develop and maintain a diverse pool of candidates for managers
- Assist with general HR support when required
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, CIPD qualified or excellent recruitment experience.
- Proven experience 3 years of experience as a Recruiter / Head Hunter with an excellent awareness of technical recruitment, with a focus on production and engineering positions.
- Experience working for Technology, Software Development or similar businesses
- Up-to-date in-depth knowledge of general HR policies and procedures and good practice
- Good knowledge of UK employment law with a pragmatic and common-sense approach
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) preferably Workday and other recruitment technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with hiring managers and candidates.
- Workday experience
- Boolean search experience
- LinkedIn recruiter experience
- Outstanding knowledge of MS office
- CIPD Level 5
- Swedish language is an advantage
If you meet the above qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to develop and grow Saab UK business units, apply and we will be in touch.
Fixed term contract 1 year only