We are looking for a Technical Support Leader for our Support Site Asset Management System, SiteMS.
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries of what is technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world all of whom share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
As a Technical Support Leader (TSL) for SiteMS (Saab’s Training Services asset management system) you work alongside another TSL providing SiteMS governance and support to our Services Sites that use SiteMS. The role will report to the Deputy Head of Training Services.
This role is a permanent, full-time position based in Huskvarna Sweden and involves international travel.
- Governance of SiteMS
- Provide daily SiteMS support to Support Managers, Site staff, Training Service Managers, Technical Support Leaders and Product Manager - Training Services
- Manage the setup of new support sites in terms of computer HW, printers, bar code scanners and the IT-infrastructure with support from Saab IT support
- Propose and compile improvements for new releases of the system
- Take an active part in system evaluation, tests, studies and developing the SiteMS business model
- Plan, prioritize and lead SiteMS consultants in their daily duties
- Organize, plan and communicate new SiteMS releases
- Provide on-site support at our numerous Site locations with regards to updates, education, installations or troubleshooting
- Take a leading role in Saab IT support matters that affects SiteMS such as integration to other systems and Separate support site IT Environment including close communications with the dedicated POC at Saab IT Support
- Responsibility for all configuration control regarding changes or updates in SiteMS
A good competency match between role demand and applicant is key. However, we believe that the best starting point is to ensure a strong commitment to our values. As an applicant, you don’t only need to know and understand our values, you need to share them. At Saab, HOW we do things is equally as important as WHAT we do.
Our focus on Drive, Expertise and Trust is evident in everything we do, from recruitment and training to leadership and individual value-driven goals for all employees.
For us, drive is about approach, attitude, courage and a positive outlook. We are looking for a person with a pro-active approach and someone who takes on full responsibility for their allocated tasks.
Applicants for this role will need to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written communication
- Ability to support, communicate and collaborate across culture, language and time zone barriers
- Having a mindset and passion for support and trouble solving
- Ability to coordinate and plan support from various functions and individuals in order to keep the management system serviceable. Such as Saab IT-support, governance groups for systems integrated to SiteMS and engineering support for SiteMS
- A working knowledge and background in SQL Data base development and integration in complex applications
Experience with the following software and systems is advantageous:
- A working knowledge in RabbitMQ, used for data base replication
- A working knowledge in .NET.6, the platform SiteMS is built on
- A working knowledge in Qlik Sense, used for report services from the data base
- A working knowledge in Telerik, used to generate reports in the SiteMS tool
We work hard to foster and encourage a high level of trust within our organization.
- You need to be open, loyal and honest, trust your co-workers and honour agreements, decisions and processes.
- This role requires you to be structured in your work and to be a strong team player.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
What you will be part of
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number + 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Business Unit Training & Simulation develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. Our offer is wide ranging and includes the provision of world leading laser simulators for live training, force on target applications, virtual simulation capabilities and training services. Training & Simulation operates globally with 700 employees in twelve different countries.
This role sits within Training Services, the customer support operation within Training & Simulation. Training Services provide support across all customers globally, are present in ten countries, at twenty support sites and consists of 400 employees.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.