Join us in creating the most innovative robotic technology for the harshest environment in the deepest oceans and most turbulent waters.
We lead the world with the most advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology.
We don’t just create products – we are revolutionising the underwater world. So come and be part of an innovative and agile team that is dedicated to smart and inspired technology that is rapidly changing the future of underwater robotics.
This is a new role within the company, onsite at our Fareham premises, limited offshore work may be required. With a wide ranging remit to manage and execute the full lifecycle of test engineering, from definition of test-cases through development of test tools to the execution of testing and management of facilities. As such it will suit someone with a broad spread of engineering knowledge, imagination and drive.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Analyse conformance specifications to derive test requirements
- Plan, design and communicate test cases which validate requirements across a broad spread of electro-mechanical systems for both the development and production lifecycle phases.
- Design test jigs, harnesses and software to allow execution of test cases including, where appropriate, automation.
- Implement data processing/filtering software in a variety of packages to extract relevant results
- Manage the internal test facilities (test tanks, ovens, pools, lifting equipment)
- Liaise with external test facilities (EMC, vibration, pools, etc)
- Execute tests in a clear, safe and controlled manner
- Fault finding and failure analysis
- Documentation and presentation of results and findings.
- HNC or Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Min 3 years in a test focussed role, or within test equipment development
- Proven experience in data capture and analysis
- Proven experience working on multi-disciplinary systems (electrical, mechanical, software)
- Excellent knowledge of test equipment and platforms
- Excellent communicator: both written and verbal
- Innovative and creative mindset with sound engineering principles
- Ability to work unsupervised to tight timescales
- Knowledge of product certification, best-practice and industry standards
- Enthusiasm, drive and personality!
- Create high quality test reports
- Data capture - logging
- Experience in the offshore and/or subsea industry
- Knowledge of compliance standards and certification (CE/DNV)
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment.
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns.
- Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.