Do you want to be part of shaping the future of effective testing at Saab Group IT?
We are looking for an experienced verification engineer to join us at Saab Group IT, and take part in efficient testing of modern IT technologies such as: Digitalization, Industry 4.0, Cybersecurity, Enterprise Applications, modern digital work places and UEM (Unified Endpoint Management).
As a Verification Engineer at Saab Group IT, you will be responsible for the verification and validation of modern IT technologies. You will lead test activities in projects and your responsibility covers planning, requirements analysis with focus on test, test case design, preparation of test environment, test execution and reporting.
To cope with new IT modern solutions and challenges, there is a need for efficient ways of testing, agile ways of working, closely collaborate with designers, architects, operations and maintenance. You will also continuously improve test environments, tools, methods and processes.
An important part of this work is to make it possible for re-usage of test assets (test cases, test analysis, test data, etc.) and find areas where automation testing is applicable and to setup the corresponding tests.
Typical IT competencies:
- End User Services (Digital Workplace, Enterprise Applications)
- Identity Access Management, Unified Endpoint Management
- Collaboration & communication tools
- NW / connectivity services
- IT services and updates
- Participate to have common test approach: What types of tests and test cases to be used.
- Analyze IT requirements and define test comments.
- Identify, design and document test cases with value.
- Make it possible to re-use test assets: Test cases, test data, test tools.
- Define what are the tests needed for automation.
- Participate to build test framework (test management, test execution: Manual, Semi-auto, auto).
- Improve auto test approaches and strategies.
- Execute test cases. Report quality and test results.
- Identify and communicate defects, ensure to validate them after correction and secure documented deviations during verification.
We are looking for someone that passionately drive test, deliver quality, add customer value and takes ownership of own results. As a person you are open and have a eager to learn new things. We belive that you are able to work distributed in a global and multi-cultural teams. It is important to have good communication skills within and across teams, have a problem-solving mindset and find solutions. It is important that you can communicate very well in English, both in writing and spoken.
We expect you to have:
- IT-specialization or profound practical experience.
- Have worked with DevOps agility.
- Have experience of the IT modern technologies such as: Modern digital work place, Cybersecurity, Industry 4.0, Digitalization, virtualizations.
- Have experience in some enterprise application such as IFS.
- Have some experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment).
- Can work in agile teams: Has the opportunity to have "tester" roles as well as "designer/developer/configuration" roles.
- Common ITIL processes knowledge is beneficial.
- ISTQB certified
- Use tools / platforms such as: MS Azure DevOps, IBM Jazz, Jira
- Write scripts and automate test cases when needed.
- Test frameworks and test tools.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here
Do you want to get to know our business and our people a little bit better? Here you can find some stories told by our employees.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Last application day: 2022-01-31
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.