VP, Head of Internal Audit
We are looking for a person with high business acumen to lead Saab’s Internal Audit function.
In the position as Vice President, Internal Audit you will lead the internal audit function for the Group. The position reports to the Audit Committee of The Board of Directors and administratively to the Group CFO.
In the role you will lead and develop a small qualified team. You will lead the Audits work as well as the development of Internal Audit role and assignment within Saab. The role includes close cooperation and support to the business in developing and improving governance, processes, systems, controls and understanding of risks.
The Internal Audit function’s main areas of responsibility are:
- Developing a yearly, risk-based internal audit plan
- Conduct internal audits and report the results including recommendations for control improvements to management responsible and to Group management
- Report internal audit results and an update of the Internal Audit plan to the Audit Committee
- Provide support in the Group’s ongoing Anti-Corruption work
- From time to time supervise or perform internal investigations
- Provide advice on control and risk issues
- Provide support to the Group’s Internal Control process
- Liaison with the Group’s external auditors to ascertain adequate Group-wide audit coverage
- Develop Internal Audits role within Saab and its team
You have experience from a complex but also international environment. Preferably, you have experience from a manufacturing- or project-oriented environment. You need to have strong analytical skills and are a great communicator. You have experience in risk management, governance and finance and internal audit.
Your work reflect a high sense of structure and quality. You are capable of understanding the big picture and see main risks while not losing attention to detail. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and act with high integrity.
You are trusting, inspiring and coaching your team and stakeholders.
When collaborating with stakeholders, you are confident with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision makers. You have a successful track record in your cooperation skills.
Required background and experience
- Experience from a complex environment
- Experience from internal- or external audit or other relevant finance function
- Hands-on experience in leading and managing complex environments and assignments.
- Project experience would be an advantage.
- Experienced leader
- Experience from navigation in a matrix organization
- Excellent knowledge in stakeholder management to connect with business
- Relevant academic degree
- Fluent in English and Swedish, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in writing and verbal communication
- Capable of finding the right balance between being an independent control function and a support function to Saab’s management at different levels.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and solution oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Act with integrity, honesty and fairness
- Inspires, motivates and develops others
- Builds relationships
- Fosters teamwork
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Saab designs, manufactures and maintains advanced systems in aeronautics, weapons, command and control, sensors and underwater systems. Saab is headquartered in Sweden. It has major operations all over the world and is part of the domestic defence capability of several nations.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Closing date: 2021-10-24.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.