XR UNREAL ENGINE DEVELOPER
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries for the technically possible.
Saab Technology Center is seeking talented and highly motivated Unreal Engine Developers, to develop state of the art XR applications.
As part of the XR team, you will collaborate on developing XR (VR/AR/MR) for Saab’s applications and use cases in defense and security sectors. Applications include but are not limited to user experience, interaction principles and design, virtual space design and optimization for real-time graphics, backend in particular to Unreal Engine platform.
Collaboration with experts and partners across national borders will be an integrated part of the work. Take the chance to join Saab and this unique possibility.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop modular XR applications which can be reused for multiple products
- Develop XR hand interaction techniques
- Create 3D models of products and surrounding environment
- Perform software testing on the developed applications
- Develop methods for evaluation of XR training
- Evaluate new headsets, controls and related hardware
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers worldwide
- Discussing customer needs directly with the customer
- Preparing reports and presentations to customers and internal stakeholders
Since a part of your work will be to learn new products, you have to be flexible, curious and willing to teach yourself new topics.
- Unreal Engine
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills both in Finnish and in English, verbal and written
- Experience with XR development
- Experience with 3D modelling tools
The position entails to working with classified information. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance Act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Your work place will be at Saab Finland headquarters in Helsinki. However, since Saab is a global company, this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad. Partially remote working is a possibility.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
At Saab, we value good work-life-balance. Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Please submit your Cover letter and CV trough Saab Career System, latest by 24.10 2021. We are handling the applications already during application period.
In case you have questions regarding the position, application process or simply what is it like to work at Saab - Please give a call to HR Manager Teemu Turkia, tel. +358(0)400883088.
Our Hiring Manager, Joakim Walldén is looking forward to hearing from you!