Strengthening our position in Australia
Australia is one of Saab’s strategic markets with significant potential for strengthening the current strong position and capturing further growth. The ambition is to become a natural part of the country’s defence capabilities.
There are several reasons for the importance of Australia as a strategic market. These include a long-term government commitment to increasing the defence budget (+70% to 2030) and to focus its investments on the local defence industry capabilities. Meanwhile, Saab has a long history of successfully partnering with the Australian Defence Force, well-established operations, a highly skilled workforce and a growing product portfolio in the country. In 2020, Saab achieved order bookings of over 160% compared to 2019 and organic sales grew by 4% for the full year.
Saab’s achievement in Australia in 2020:
- Record order intake of 3.8 BSEK
- ~2.1 BSEK Deployable Health capability contract
- Partnering agreement with Defence for Combat Management Systems across Australian Navy fleet
- Record sales of 1.5 BSEK, and expected to continue growing strongly in 2021
- Continued positive cash-flow generation
- Healthy profitability of EBIT>10%