Associate Project Manager
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Corporate group, the Associate Project Manager will provide leadership of a non- complex project (or sub-project) involving internal and/or external stakeholders. This includes the day-to-day management of the assigned team. The position is responsible for the outcome of the assigned scope, including cost, schedule, quality, customer satisfaction and any other objectives as defined in the Contract/Project Directive.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership, direction and delegation to the team, as required.
- Definition, management, and ownership of the assigned scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes.
- Development of the approach for the assigned scope to achieve outcomes as per Contract/Project Directive, including identification of opportunity in order to maximise outcomes.
- Prepare, monitor and revise plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the scope of work to meet the objectives set by the Contract/Project Directive.
- Assess risk related to the assigned scope.
- Lead and present status at Steering Committee Meetings, Gate Reviews, Customer Reviews and Progress Meetings
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Engineering or in a Business discipline
- Experience meeting the requirement of the competency level as per above.
- Experience in the leadership of systems projects.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks, technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.