Join us in creating the most innovative robotic technology for the harshest environment in the deepest oceans and most turbulent waters.
We lead the world with the most advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology.
We don’t just create products – we are revolutionising the underwater world. So come and be part of an innovative and agile team that is dedicated to smart and inspired technology that is rapidly changing the future of underwater robotics.
To ensure compliance of Saab Seaeye’s designs and products to applicable standards and regulations
To work with minimal supervision on your own and/or within project teams.
To co-ordinate compliance activities between the Engineering Department, other areas of the business and external organisations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Control and maintain compliance of the company’s products to applicable national and international regulatory standards including EU Directives (CE), UL and FCC, and industry standards and guidelines including DNV, Norsok, IMCA and Lloyds Register
- Create and maintain technical files and declarations that satisfy the requirements of the above standards and directives
- Conduct, document and/or authorise product safety and risk assessments
- Monitor and report on new and updated regulations and standards and their impacts on the company’s products
- Liaise directly with internal development and production teams and external test laboratories and notified bodies to plan, co-ordinate and execute test accreditation activities
- Analyse internal and external test results and reports, and use the findings to generate updated compliance verification and test plans and provide guidance to design engineering teams to help them to deliver compliant product solutions
- Report on and present product compliance status to internal stakeholders and auditors
- Create technical compliance assessments in response to end user contractual requirements
- Assess and categorise products and components according to export control requirements
- Obtain, enter and manage material, performance, compliance and lifecycle data relating to products and components on the company’s business data systems
- Contribute to design review and the release of new products and product upgrades to ensure that all new products are developed in a manner that is suitable for standards accreditation
- Take part in the engineering change process to ensure ongoing product compliance
- Contribute to the continual development and improvement of the department’s processes and procedures and the sharing of knowledge and best practice as required
- National and (occasional) international travel in support of the company’s objectives
- Conduct activities in a professional manner
- Continually improve personal skills through training and awareness
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence, as required by their Supervisor or Manager from time to time
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
- Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.