Principal Program Manager
Saab is seeking a Principal Program Manager (PM) to be responsible for the profitable execution of development radar programs within the Radar Surveillance division. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the design, development and fielding of large scale, complex ground based radar systems, and an in-depth knowledge of military or commercial radar systems, markets, and technologies through several years of working in this domain.
The PM will develop and implement a successful business growth strategy within assigned program segment(s), including the recommendation and execution of IRAD plans to support long term business objectives. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Specifically accountable for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned program portfolios.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Make personnel recommendations in support of business objectives.
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and use EVMS to report program status internally and externally.
Oversee profitable growth of the program segment.
- Identify and pursue significant new business opportunities.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management personnel to maintain institutional knowledge of the competitive landscape in the assigned market segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Collaborate with all functions to leverage program execution and capture strategies, and resources through the design and manufacturing phases of the programs in the portfolio.
- Grow relationships in the customer community and with large industry primes to service existing programs, and find new and unique ways to deploy our technology to meet customer needs.
Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Monitor and guide junior PMs to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the development and retention of program management talent.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline is required, MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of Program Management experience, $50M – $100M+ program lifecycle.
- 5+ years of People Management experience, directly or indirectly leading organizations of 10 or more individuals.
- 10+ years of Defense/ Aerospace Industry experience in Engineering, Business or related position.
- Extensive experience successfully negotiating multi-million dollar agreements with large Aerospace and Defense customers.
- Demonstrated track record leading large scale aerospace and defense business capture efforts.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, EVMS, Risk/Opportunity management).
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Must be capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.