Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Support the quality team with co-ordinating and conducting internal audits in accordance with the internal audit plan, assist with maintaining the quality management system across all departments. Identifying areas for improvement of internal processes to meet and exceed industry standards and customer expectations.
- Perform audits of internal processes, systems, and documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory, ISO9001 and internal quality requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess and verify adherence to established quality procedures.
- Maintain records of audit findings, corrective actions, and preventive measures in the audit task management tool.
- Work closely with relevant departments to implement corrective actions and preventive measures based on audit findings.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining the company's quality management system.
- Champion a culture of quality consciousness and continuous improvement within the organisation.
- Support the company team during external audits.
- Provide training and support to staff on quality assurance principles and best practices.
- Carry out any other duties as detailed by a member of the management team or authorized representative.
- Proven experience as a Quality Auditor or in a similar role.
- High knowledge of quality management systems, ISO standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality.
- High level of computer literacy
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times