At Saab in West Lafayette, IN, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity, the West Lafayette facility will employ over 250 employees. This flagship facility utilizes advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. As Saab continues to expand their team in West Lafayette, IN, we are currently seeking a Quality Inspector to support the Receiving operation.
As Saab continues to grow it's advanced manufacturing facility in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking Incoming Quality Inspectors to:
- Validate visually and dimensionally that the product meets requirements compared to engineering drawings.
- Develop deviation reports and represent quality at the Material Review Board.
- Responsible for non-conforming material processes and procedures.
- Experienced in quality management systems and become a subject matter expert in the company management system.
- Develop standardization for working procedures for high repeatability.
- Follow processes and procedures to apply applicable acceptance criteria.
- Keep accurate records applicable inspection data and transacts product to next process step.
- Communicate results both verbally and in writing, as applicable.
- Use basic and complex measurement equipment, and basic test equipment.
- Work with suppliers to return defective product.
- Provide training and mentorship to other inspectors.
- Understand and recognize counterfeit parts.
- Contribute to a people-first culture in alignment to Saab values, demonstrating core Company values: Trust, Drive, Expertise, and Support.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Technical degree or certification in the field of aviation assembly, mechanics, or maintenance is preferred.
- 3+ years of qualified experience in aeronautics or automotive manufacturing.
- Experience with ISO/AS9100 and highly standardized processes.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- Proficiency interpreting engineering drawings and specifications in written and digital format required.
- Ability to execute the appropriate working methods and select the right tools to meet the right level of quality and efficiency.
- Ability to work with standardized procedures for high repeatability in a highly advanced and connected environment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.