Saab Aerospace Systems is searching for a Quality Manager to drive a Zero- Defect Culture by leading the deployment of the Quality Management System in our West Lafayette, IN facility. The incumbent must be an experienced quality leader with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of integrity, and drive for results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the vision and maintenance of the Quality Management System program for the US Aerospace operation.
- Develop and implement a quality organization structure capable of supporting our strategic initiatives.
- Lead the quality organization on day-to-day basis, integrating quality into the daily production process and driving accountability across the team.
- Champion all Department KPIs -including safety, quality, cost, delivery, and morale
- Drive process maturity and capability through the analysis of quality KPIs (Plan Do Check Act)
- Manage and continuously improve non-conformances and high-risk areas throughout the operation.
- Create a positive work environment that inspires the team to grow in confidence, product knowledge, communication and collaboration with other functional areas.
- Ensure accountability and consistent compliance with Company policies and local work rules.
- Responsible for delivering on quality project timelines.
- Create and maintain effective quality training resources, ensuring compliance with all quality certification requirements.
- Other projects and miscellaneous tasks as assignment.
Compensation Range: $120,800 - $157,000
The compensation range provided is a general guideline. When extending an offer, Saab, Inc. considers factors including (but not limited to) the role and associated responsibilities, location, and market and business considerations, as well as the candidate's work experience, key skills, and education/training.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field required.
- MBA, MS or equivalent education is a plus.
- 8+ years of manufacturing quality experience required.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports and large-scale quality operations preferred.
- Expertise in the quality requirements of the aerospace industry strongly desired.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Experience with AS9100D.
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Experience working in an international environment is a plus.
- Ability to execute strategic planning, resource allocation and coordination of resources to meet department goals and deliver on commitments.
- Proven leadership skills, driving high performance and a culture of accountability.
- Ability to drive and lead change within an evolving team.
- Experience developing effective, next-level leaders.
- Strong critical thinking and complex problem-solving ability, executed with a sense of urgency.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in eight U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.