Saab to Showcase Power of Gamechanging Gripen E at Aero India 2023
Saab will demonstrate the cutting-edge technologies that make Gripen E the world’s most modern multi-role fighter aircraft. Along with the Carl-Gustaf®, AT4 and IDAS, which are in service with the Indian Armed Forces in cutting-edge roles, Saab will present a wide portfolio of products and systems from the air, land and sea domains. In addition, a full scale replica of Gripen E and a Gripen E cockpit simulator will bring alive the gamechanging capabilities of the aircraft.
Please visit us in Hall C at our stand C6.1 and Outdoor Display OD.07 where we will exhibit our solutions.
Saab will exhibit a range of products and solutions for a fast changing defence and security environment. In addition, Saab will engage with Indian industry to further its plans for building a strong defence industrial base in India, making products for India and the rest of the world. Saab will demonstrate how its advanced technology and innovative thinking can deliver the best solutions for strong national defence and an industrial future based on the premise of Make in India.
“At Aero India 2023, we will showcase our latest technologies which are changing defence and security planning, deployment and future force readiness. Our team from India, Sweden and other countries will be there to share our wide range of products, solutions, plans, and our thoughts about how best we can collaborate with the Indian defence industry to build an Atmanirbhar Bharat,” says Mats Palmberg, Chairman and Managing Director, Saab India Technologies.
“Aero India 2023 comes at a crucial juncture of global developments, leading to a greater focus on developing self-reliance along with a need for robust, high technology. We are fully committed to enabling the Indian government’s Atmanirbhar approach to defence capability. To that end, Saab is setting up a manufacturing facility for Carl-Gustaf in India, further strengthening production in the country. The facility will support the production of the Carl-Gustaf M4 for the Indian Armed Forces as well as components for users of the system around the world. Saab will also be partnering with Indian sub-suppliers and the systems manufactured in the facility will fully meet the requirements of Make in India,” Palmberg added.
At Aero India, Saab will be exhibiting among others:
- Gripen E and weapon systems. The world’s most modern fighter, Gripen E, combines exceptional operational performance, a highly advanced networked warfare capability at a whole new level, superior sensor fusion, unique BVR features and an adaptability for new threats that is a decade ahead of other fighters, making it a true gamechanger. The Saab offer for the Indian Air Force also combines cost efficiency with true transfer of technology and a comprehensive industrial partnership. Also on display is a full-scale replica model of Gripen E, besides the
Gripen E Mission Simulator.
- Giraffe 1X is a compact lightweight high-performance 3D radar for fixed, mobile and deployable applications with a small footprint which is easily integrated in any type of platform. It has ground-breaking capability for short range air surveillance and ground based air defence with the capability to target the most challenging UAV threats, thanks to Drone Tracker, an enhanced functionality for low, slow and small objects.
- Carl-Gustaf M4 is a man-portable multi-role weapon system that provides high tactical flexibility through its wide range of ammunition types. It is extremely light-weight (less than 7 Kgs), and has improved ergonomics which reduces action time. The new M4 meets the needs of modern conflict environments while offering compatibility with future innovations. The Carl-Gustaf system has been in service with the Indian Army since 1976. Through its wide variety of ammunition, Carl-Gustaf has established itself as the main shoulder launched weapon in the Indian Armed Forces.
- AT4CS AST is a lightweight, man-portable, unguided & fully disposable weapon system. AT4 is optimised for ease of operation and offers maximum versatility and ease of use amongst the family of AT4 weapons. Saab’s AT4 weapon has been selected by the Indian Armed Forces and will be used by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force.
- The Next-Generation Light Anti-tank Weapon (NLAW) system is the shoulder-launched, Overfly Top Attack, anti-tank missile system that makes it the true tank killer for Infantry that operate dismounted in all environments including built up areas.
- The AUV62 System is the latest generation of Saab modular AUV systems. The AUV62-MR for mine reconnaissance has a high-resolution side-looking sonar. It can autonomously search for and identify sea mines with a high area search capability. High-resolution images give excellent situational awareness and data.
- The Double Eagle Sarov can operate both as an AUV, with an onboard inertial navigation system, and as an ROV with a several kilometers-long fibre optic tether. For MCM operations, the Double Eagle Sarov can be used for detection, classification and disposal.
- The Saab Lightweight Torpedo (SLWT) is a new anti-submarine warfare solution that gives total control of the challenging littoral environment and operates equally well in both shallow and blue water.
- Sea Wasp, our latest generation of ROV based systems, is designed to successfully locate, identify and neutralise IEDs, especially in confined areas and challenging conditions like strong current, ports and harbours. The hydrodynamically stable, highly reliable system boasts exemplary performance and low lifecycle costs. With a high degree of operational autonomy, Sea Wasp takes vessels and operators out of harm’s way, providing a safer underwater solution to ordnance disposal. Transportable over land in a light support vehicle, Sea Wasp can be deployed from harbour walls or the beach. It can be fitted to bespoke surface support vessels and has the flexibility to be loaded into multiple types of boat, including vessels of opportunity, rigid-hulled inflatable boats, as well as work boats, depending on mission requirements.
- IDAS is a fully integrated end-to-end solution to protect your airborne platforms. IDAS includes radar warning (RWC), missile approach warning (MAWS) and laser warning sensors (LWS). Its advanced sensors coupled with its analysis tool is able to create advance threat libraries. Key benefits include instantaneous response to multiple threats and advantage situational awareness. In India, IDAS is integrated on the ALH Dhruv helicopter.
- Deployable hospital. Saab’s Deployable Health Care Solutions addresses the challenge of rapidly providing quality healthcare in remote environments. Our offering includes field hospitals, ranging from Role 1 treatment and resuscitation facilities to Role 2E and Role 3 hospitals with advanced surgical capability and modular evacuation kits. The deployable health care solution consists of a range of clinical, diagnostic and services modules that are scalable from a single module for a specific medical capability, to a deployment of multiple modules that provides the equivalent of a full-scale field hospital. In addition individual health care modules are fully interoperable and compliant with local and international standards.
- DeployNet is a mission-ready, deployable, tactical, 5G/LTE infrastructure providing a wireless network with high-capacity bandwidth in a flexible end-to-end solution built for the most challenging environments. Designed for continuous high-speed connectivity, it provides immediate access to information, enhanced situational awareness, improved decision making and greater speed of communication.
Please visit Saab at Aero India 2023 in Hall C at stand CR6.1
For further information, please contact:
Head of Communication, Region Asia
+46 73 4375306
Communications, Saab India
+91 99101 47217
Saab Press Centre,
+46 (0)734 180 018
Follow us on twitter: @saab
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions within military defence and civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Through innovative, collaborative and pragmatic thinking, Saab develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.