Skip to content Go to main navigation Go to language selector
Saab Global

Saab will appoint Jan Närlinge to be President and CEO of Fokker

Saab will appoint Jan Närlinge to be President and CEO of Fokker Space, the leading Dutch space company, once transaction has been completed. Saab Ericsson Space's acquisition of 65% and Stork's acquisition of the remaining 35% of Fokker Space is still subject to EU approval. Until the acquisition has been approved, Saab will not carry out any activities to implement the transaction and consequently the assignment of Närlinge is subject to EU approving of the transactions. Jan Närlinge will bring with him broad international experience and will be a major asset for Fokker Space and for the integration work into Saab Ericsson Space Group. Jan Närlinge has held several senior appointments within Saab AB, the parent company of Saab Ericsson Space, which include Director of Systems and Flight Test, CEO and President of DocEye, Executive Vice President Industrial Co-operation and Managing Director of Saab-BAE Systems Gripen AB. He has passed the Swedish Airforce, the Airforce Military College, Tactical Fighter Training and Military Academy and has served as test pilot. Saab Ericsson Space is an independent supplier of space equipment. The company develops and manufactures computers, antenna systems, microwave electronics and guidance and separation systems for launch vehicles and satellites. The headquarters is located in Göteborg, Sweden, a division at Saab in Linköping, Sweden, and subsidiaries in Austria and the USA. Saab Ericsson Space employs 660 people. Saab Ericsson Space is jointly owned by Saab and Ericsson. Saab is one of the world's leading high-technology companies, with its main operations focusing on defence, aviation and space. The group covers a broad spectrum of competence and capability in systems integration. For further information, please contact: Anders Stålhammar, Press Secretary, Saab AB phone: +46 13 187175 +46 70 8897096 Iréne Svensson, Communications Director, Saab Ericsson Space phone: + 46 31 735 44 63 + 46 705 35 08 18 This information is also available at, ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by Waymaker The following files are available for download: