Skip to content Go to main navigation Go to language selector
Saab Global

Saab acquires 51 percent of Elesco

Saab has acquired the remaining 51 percent of Finnish defence corporation Elesco. Saab initially acquired 49 percent last year, so this latest move makes Saab the sole owner of Elesco. “Buying the remaining 51 percent of Elesco will further strengthen Saab’s presence on the important Finnish market,” says Dan-Åke Enstedt, President of the Saab Systems business unit. Elesco’s main focus is systems integration for the Finnish armed forces. The company has 35 employees and a turnover of approximately MSEK 35. Saab is one of the world’s leading high-technology companies, with its main operations focusing on defence, aviation and space. The Group covers a broad spectrum of competence and capability in systems integration. For further information, please contact: Dan-Åke Enstedt, President, Saab Systems, +46 (0)73-066 66 66 Guy Hörnfeldt, Head of Communications, Saab Systems, +46 (0)70 325 5370