Business Development Director
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push our boundaries for what is considered possible. We collaborate with colleagues and partners around the world who all share our challenge – Keeping People and Society Safe.
As part of its global marketing and sales strategy, Saab focuses on its established markets, one of which is Singapore. We are now looking for a driven Business Development Director with a strong foundation in the Singaporean Defence domain who will be responsible for leveraging their extensive Defence knowledge and networks to propel Saab’s marketing and sales endeavours in the country. The position will be based in Singapore and will report to the Head of Saab Singapore.
- Work with the Head of Saab Singapore towards the Order Intake targets and Long Term business goals for Saab Singapore (and region Asia where applicable);
- Identify and create new business opportunities for Saab in Singapore;
- Create and maintain good relationship with customers, partners and other stakeholders in Singapore;
- Contribute to the ongoing development and promotion of the Saab brand in Singapore through networking, exhibitions and focused business development activities;
- Lead strategic business development activities in Singapore including:
- Contributing to the ongoing development and refinement of the Saab Singapore growth strategy,
- Developing and fostering Business-to-Business (B2B) relationships to increase order intake,
- Enhancing relationships with other stake holders relevant to business growth,
- Effectively contributing to the positioning of Saab products in Singapore and Asia (where relevant);
- Improve business development processes as identified;
- Support the Country Manager, Singapore, in country specific business development activities
- Participate in the development of:
- Country Market Plans (CMP)
- the Long Term Order Intake Plan (LTOIP)
- the strategic business development plan for Singapore (Input to Saab Business Plan)
- Business Intelligence in Singapore
- Engage with the Saab global business to drive intra-company communication, achieve best practice, share business knowledge and deliver optimal outcomes for Saab Singapore and the Group generally;
Support Head of Saab Singapore in various communication tasks in the local arena.
- Any other task as directed by Head of Saab Singapore
You must have credible experience in the international business environment, and have produced tangible results in previous positions. You must possess a high level of cultural sensitivity and have good knowledge about Singapore.
You should have demonstrable experience within the areas of people management and finance. You should be a good communicator. You must have excellent language skills in English and knowledge in other local languages is highly regarded.
You must have strong business acumen and the ability to develop and maintain good customer relations. You possess the ability to establish and maintain a wide network of customers and local partners as well as other relevant sources of information and influence.
- Relevant academic and/or military education;
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the Singaporean public procurement processes, especially for defence;
- Strong business acumen;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive experience of having a professional network within the Singaporean Defence Forces, governmental and business environment in Singapore;
- Experience of successful negotiations and influencing;
- Demonstrable interpersonal and leadership skills;
- A capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract;
- Proven ability to build and maintain good and strong internal, partner and customer relationships and market networks.
The role requires an energetic and self-motivated person, able to identify and pursue business opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality business opportunities and meeting deadlines in a international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet high expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex projects and situations simultaneously. Occasional travel to Sweden or other countries Asia will be required.
- Military experience
- Knowledge of Saab’s product portfolio
What you will be a part of
The Chief Marketing Office (CMO) covers all global Saab AB marketing and sales activities. The CMO has 10 Country Units (CU)/Regions/Operational Countries. The Saab established markets within each Country Unit/Region has an office with a Head of Country office.
Region Asia covers the geographical area from India over South Esat Asia to Japan and South Korea). Region Asia has five established countries (India, Thailand, Singapore, Japan and South Korea). The regional office is located in Singapore.
This position reports to the Head of Saab Singapore and requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.
Saab AB is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings is spent on research and development
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.