Business Improvement Manager
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
This role operates within the Warship Asset Manager Alliance (WAMA), a partnership between industry and the commonwealth of Australia to ensure the ongoing capability of the ANZAC Class Frigates for the Royal Australian Navy.
The newly created Business Improvement Manager will perform a pivotal Alliance role in leading the Continuous Improvement and Innovation, Quality Management and Information Management & Technology functions of the Alliance.
Drawing upon cross-functional expertise to drive optimisation and process efficiency across the Alliance, and supporting strategic business initiatives that ultimately lead to a reduction in the whole of life sustainment costs to the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA). The Business Improvement Manager will promote a whole of Alliance improvement and optimisation culture, and provide strategic support to other Alliance Groups.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership and direction of whole of Alliance Continuous Improvement & Innovation activities
- Manage reports on improvement activities, including progress to plans, issues and ideas for improvement
- Provide leadership and direction of whole of Alliance Quality Assurance, Quality Control and ISO9001 accreditation activities, including the Business Management System
- Provide leadership and direction of the development and implementation of Information Management and Technology strategy and outcomes for the Alliance
- Undertake Alliance business support and reporting activities, including business performance reporting and analysis of Alliance Key Performance Measures
- Drive a business improvement culture with regards to people, process and systems to continually focus on opportunities for greater efficiencies and performance optimisations within the Alliance
- Deputise for the Optimisation Director
Your skills and experience will include:
- Broad experience in business management and optimisation (Essential)
- Significant experience in team leadership and management (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience in process and value optimisation techniques, e.g. Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Management systems, i.e. AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems standard
- Knowledge and experience in Information Management & Technology systems and processes
- Knowledge and experience in Asset Management techniques
- Knowledge and experience of Defence sustainment activities (Desirable)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.