At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking Buyers to join and develop a world-class Supply Chain. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, and the ability to see opportunities and significant experience creating and delivering integrated strategies in Greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute the procurement of material, services, and production supplies including price, availability, delivery schedule (expediting), and final delivery of goods.
- Coordinate the Return Material Authorization process with suppliers and assist in issuance and resolution of purchase orders and invoices.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain electronic purchasing records and data documenting performance and compliance.
- Develop requests for quotes, establish pricing, delivery, terms and conditions.
- Continuously develop and improve internal procurement processes.
- Continuously improve the supply chain to secure competitiveness through the use of Industry 4.0 technologies, lean strategies, and implementation of best practices
- Ensure best total landed cost through the entire supply chain in support of production in the most cost efficient way.
- Manage supplier risk and develop mitigation plans.
- Be an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers and with suppliers.
- Deliver a people-first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
- Develop working relationships and synergies with strategic sourcing managers within Saab U.S. and Sweden.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- MBA, Master's in Supply Chain or equivalent certification is a plus.
- 3+ years of procurement experience in a large scale operation.
- Experience with new sources of supply and contracts in Greenfield operations a plus.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Ability to structure work tasks and deliver a high quality of work.
- Effective inter-personal skills to engage and create trust at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Manufacturing based sourcing and supply competence.
- Proficiency with ERP systems including data creation and ERP execution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.