As a Commercial Manager at Saab UK you will work mainly supporting winning business (pre-signature) and contract management (post signature) activities related to Saab Public Safety Solutions (PSS) operations.
You will work in close cooperation with the PSS Marketing & Sales team and delivery teams providing commercial/contractual expertise and hands-on support to all PSS UK major pursuits and commercial challenges. You will also act as an effective conduit between OpC UK Commercial, Saab Corporate Legal and other corporate and business area functions in commercial matters.
You will hold an important role leading the commercial activities through the contract life-cycle from pre-tender to contact execution and to spread commercial awareness throughout the PSS organisation.
This position will require hybrid working with the expectation of 3 days per week on average attendance at our Hull office. You will work in close contact and collaboration with other Saab sites and attend frequent meetings which means that national traveling will be required. Working with international customers, business partners and suppliers means that international travel may also be needed as well as relevant Saab operations in Sweden.
Activities in your role will include:
- Responsible for commercial governance of proposals including assessing commercial provisions and risk, financial provisions and risk, business set-up analysis and recommendations
- Participation in tender workshops, including proposing deal shapes
- Preparing commercial data packs, including assessment of contract profitability, with recommendations for management approval
- Producing commercial elements of proposals and draft contracts
- Reviewing and negotiating different types of commercial contracts and terms and conditions
- Liaising with Saab group functions and departments to seek guidance and ensure full governance and processes are adhered to.
- Advisor to Project Managers with respect to contractual issues during program execution.
- Owning, contributing to and/or reviewing Commercial Risk Registers (ensuring wide organisational understanding of potential impact), managing contract variations, avoiding/solving disputes.
- Building and maintaining the PSS template/boilerplate library and contributing to wider best practice for Saab UK.
VP/Director Commercial and VP/Head of PSS
- You are likely to have a strong business acumen, with a drive to improve and challenge our business with a commercial/contractual and analytical approach.
- You must have the ability to think and act strategically to reach our targets, and since your success is highly dependent on the close cooperation with internal stakeholders and customers, we believe that you will be a true team player and an excellent communicator.
- You have excellent self-management skills and can handle multiple parallel tasks.
We expect you to have relevant education at university level and have c.5 years of commercial experience in a complex environment equivalent to supporting system and/or product sales in an international environment working for a large company or corporate group. International experience is desirable but not essential.