Saab, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Contracts Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills to be used in performance of Contracts duties, potentially across multiple locations. The primary focus is to ensure all current and future contracts are compliant with Federal Acquisition Regulations or equivalent, including supplements, guidelines, requirements, and procedures and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) for international pursuits and contracts. Extensive experience with the various U.S. DoD contract types and experience with international contracting is essential. Commercial contracting experience is desired.
The Contracts Manager will lead contracts negotiations, provide oversight to the Contracts team, evaluate new business opportunities, and provide recommendations to business management, which minimize risk and maximize financial results of the business. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Mentor and provide consistent leadership to the Contracts staff to ensure effective and efficient contract administration of assigned programs. Contribute to the development and retention of Contracts talent.
- Support capture efforts across the business by assigning resources and participating in proposal development and reviews.
- Review complex domestic, international, or commercial proposals for compliance with requirements of Request for Proposal, with particular focus on identification and mitigation/elimination of proposal risk and contract execution risk.
- Provide oversight of domestic, international or commercial contractual negotiations.
- Successfully interact with senior corporate management, customer/supplier executive management, U.S. Government representatives.
- Prepare and present contractual terms and conditions analyses to senior corporate management, including risk analyses and mitigation options, business ramifications and opportunities, and negotiation strategies, while ensuring consistency with business objectives and corporate policies.
- Provide data and support services for DCMA/DCAA inquiries and audits.
- Contribute to and implement the vision for the organization. Undertake the necessary steps to achieve short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Lead efforts to evaluate and improve existing processes and fill process gaps with appropriate documentation.
- Provide broad technical contractual guidance to internal customers.
- Communicate results, contractual risks and mitigation alternatives concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Apply a global perspective of business environment and technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to be forward looking and identify future infrastructure enhancements to the Contracts organizations in support of growth and strategic direction of corporation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required. Professional certification (CCM, CFCM, CPCM), or advanced degree (MBA, JD) preferred.
- 10+ years of Contracts experience in the Defense/Aerospace industry.
- Expert in FAR and DFARS, with working knowledge of CAS.
- Extensive experience negotiating multi-million dollar defense contracts with USG, international governments, and large Defense/Aerospace contractors. Experience with U.S. Navy and commercial contracts are desired.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.