Data Management Officer
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
The Data Management Officer will provide document and data management services for the Maritime division and its projects. They will liaise with Maritime projects and engineering staff to ensure that data, documentation and media are catalogued, stored and retrievable.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Receive, register, control and distribute supplier and customer data, documentation and media
- Manage the distribution of controlled data, documentation and media
- Receive and dispatch Defence Safe Hand items
- File, index and retrieve records in support of organisation and project requirements
- Prepare, register and dispatch data, documentation and media for delivery or archiving
- Implement and manage configuration item definitions and structures
- Prepare and issue configuration status account reports
- Register, track and report on the progress of approved configuration changes in work products
- Assist in the preparation of software releases by preparing status accounts for the released software
Your skills and experience will include:
- High level of computer literacy
- Soft and hard copy data management within an engineering environment
- Working in a defence engineering environment (desirable)
- Defence Safe Hand practices (desirable)
- Data management databases to register, control and distribute data, documents and media (desirable)
- Library practices relating to organising, indexing, filing and retrieving data, documents and media (desirable)
- Archiving techniques (desirable)
- Data Management practices (desirable)
This role will initially be offered on a 12 month fixed term basis.
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.