We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to take lead in managing and improving locally established development environment in Finland.
In this new role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining DevOps solutions for our development environment. The environment include functions for release management, build automation, source code and artefact management and storage as well as integrations towards project & test management. You work closely with SW development teams in our local business units, as well as collaborate globally with DevOps engineers located in other countries.
The main tasks are:
- Design, implement and maintain the local development environment
- Perform system maintenance, configuration and management of source code and build systems
- Work closely with project management and system/software architects to ensure alignment to project needs, as well as relevant standards and regulations
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline. Champion agile best practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes
- Understand where automation can be applied to the development process and implement these solutions to improve the overall efficiency and quality
Our ideal candidate has a solid background from managing similar environments. We are looking for proactive and hands-on person with a vision how to apply industry best practices into daily operations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Scripting skills with at least one programming language (Python, Bash, Ruby etc.)
- Extensive experience with common DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- Hands-on experience in setting up automation pipelines in software development team
- Solid communication skills in English and Finnish, verbal and written
- Knowledge of development tools like GIT/Gitlab, code branching/merging strategies
- Experience from product or platform development projects, including variant management
- Understanding of software licensing
- Ability and experience of working in a distributed team
What you will be a part of
Your workplace will be Saab Technology Center in Tampere. At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of agile local teams that deliver both electronic warfare applications and products, as well as combat management system software for various internal and external customers. As Saab is a global company, this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
Please send your application and CV trough Saab Career System. Please note: The application period is longer than usual due to the summer holiday season; hence we will start the interviews in early August, right after the holidays!
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence in all domains to civil security. Saab’s market offering is broad and consists of complex systems involving extensive research and development as well as services with a high degree of repetition. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.