Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
We are searching for you.... with experience of manufacturing of electronic equipment and preferably by assembly of mechanics and electronics. Your personal skills are important where we have high expectations in cooperation and communication within your team and organization.
You will work as a Electrical equipment assembler in a small production unit.
The main tasks are:
- Electromechanical assembly and soldering.
- Read and understand technical documents for manufacturing purpose.
- Handling of documents and non conformancies according to stated processes.
- Contribute with continuous improvements within quality, delivery and cost.
- Take part in education and support of new employees.
- In a clear way be able to communicate status of ongoing work which you are responsible for.
- A social and good team player.
- Three to five years of relevant experience within electromechanical assembly or production.
- Manual soldering skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
- High expectations regarding fine motor skills, endurance and accuracy