Electronics Components Engineer
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are now appointing an Electronics Components Engineer for Saab Ltd in United Arab Emirates.
- The Component Electronics Engineers main task is to direct the choice of component types and suppliers to minimize the cost for development and production of our products.
- The choices must be made in cooperation with projects as well as Sourcing and Supply. The components will be used in different projects and products.
- The strategic choices are important to meet different product requirements, and also included guidance to project for choosing for the best overall effect on cost and availability.
- The work requires high demand of self-management, cooperation capability, manage stress, and to deliver on time and to the right quality.
- The Component Engineer is also responsible for gathering the right data and registration of components and data in the component directory, as well as defining the article number for all component used in the company.
- Generation of symbols and footprints to support schematic capture and PCB layout, based on information from suppliers and engineers.
- Techniques for obsolescence management, including the selection of alternate component parts with minimal design impact.
- Resolving technical problems associated with assigned products.
- Liaison with other engineering functions (mechanical, production, test, systems and software)
- Providing adequate constructive challenge in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key issues.
Your skills and experience
- You shall have a desire to be a part of the growth of a new entity and operation in the UAE.
- You are curious and inspired by new challenges, you have a well-developed understanding, and willingness to learn about different cultures is crucial in this multi-cultural environment.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills supporting and helping the entire company.
- You are structured, analytical and efficient with focus on meeting targets.
- You are hands on person making things happen, with good IT competence.
- You can easily express yourself in English, both oral and in written word.
Requirements of the role are:
- Degree holder, preferably MSc or BSc in Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years’ full time experience in component management for products.
- You have experience from component management in electronics during the entire product lifecycle.
- You have worked with obsolescence management
- Good communication skills to support different stakeholders
- Driver’s license
- Experience in high tech component management for radars is a strong merit
- Experience in the ABC and Decimal system is a merit for this position
- Experience from collecting and registering of component data in different IT-systems is also a merit
- Library management with Altium and Concorde Pro is a merit
- Environmental knowledge is a merit, based on component contents
- In order for you to achieve good results, you should act professionally with customer and economics focus.
- Additional languages can be a merit in dialogue with suppliers
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of these key customer countries where Saab has now increased its presence by initiating the local development and production of different products. You will become part of a growing Saab Company, which will operate in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.