Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Field Services Technical Officer provides key maintenance services in support of the Combat System elements for the Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment (AOR) class. The role will be responsible for supporting the AOR vessels and associated land based test sites, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective outcomes.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Work within the Saab AOR support services team to provide essential maintenance activities
- Provide onsite support for ANZAC/LHD maintenance activities for the Saab sustainment team
- Co-ordinate and/or perform planned and corrective maintenance activities
Undertake initial combat system fault diagnosis in support of ship staff
- Participate in URDEF and other tasking responses
- Review technical documentation such as reports, system and sub-system specifications
Your skills and experience will include:
- Significant knowledge and experience of Naval Combat Systems equipment including sensors and weapons
- Extensive defence/industry experience in a similar engineering environment, supporting medium subsystems or group of smaller subsystems and/or equipment
- Significant experience interfacing with shipyard staff and contractors
- Proven ability to problem solve complex technical issues
- Proven ability to negotiate on complex technical issues and ship schedules with all levels of staff from production staff through to management
- Proficiency in IPC workmanship standards
Proficient in the use of PCs and relevant software applications (Microsoft Office Suite etc.)
- Experience in circuits and wiring fault finding in PC and industrial computing bus systems (cPCI, VME)
- Previous experience in field fault diagnosis and repair of electronic and electrical equipment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.