As part of our Civil group, the Field Support Technician will plan and perform maintenance activities for installations across NSW where Saab has contracted preventative and reactive maintenance agreements. The successful incumbent will perform, as well as support planned and reactive maintenance of the Saab deployed system and subsystem as appropriate.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Schedule subcontracted preventative and reactive maintenance tasks with the customer and any suppliers or subcontractors
- Plan and perform in consultation with the Maintenance Services Manager routine and preventative maintenance activities in accordance with contractual obligations. Systems include SMS, CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm, Video Analytics, Base Wide Alert, Intercom, Networks
- Submit “Notice of Disruption” documentation to the customer, liaise and schedule appropriate time to do preventative maintenance activities
- Provide 1st line site, phone and on-call based support for systems deployed by Saab, and for Saab OneView™ software installations (You will be supported by Saab to achieve this through training and the 2nd line support from Adelaide as required
- Complete, submit and manage the maintenance procedures required for the routine and preventative maintenance. Sign-off and submit test records as proof of work performed.
- Report system faults requiring corrective maintenance with the Facility Manager to generate corrective work orders.
Flexible work arrangements such as 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the security industry with IP based systems.
- Experience with security systems IT hardware (for example network hardware, workstation build and modification, servers and storage array) and troubleshooting.
- Experience with setup/configuration and installation of Gallagher access control and intruder alarm systems.
- Experience with setup/configuration of IP based CCTV and intercom systems.
- Experience with servicing and maintenance of general security system equipment.
- General IT knowledge and skills, capable of loading and configuring work stations, servers and network switching equipment.
- Competent technician experience/qualifications, with the ability to fault find and rectify faults in a timely manner.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a baseline clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
As a valued team member of Saab Australia, you’ll access a variety of perks and benefits to support you and your family including:
- 6 weeks paid leave each year
- 13% Superannuation
- Free Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Access to the Saab shares matching scheme
- Access to MySaab; our online store offering everything from cash back at hundreds of stores to discounts from exclusive partners
For further information about a career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Note: This role is subject to an extended advertising period and shortlisted candidates will be contacted from 15 January 2024.
By submitting an application to Saab, you consent to undertaking workforce screening activities including, but not limited to: reference checks, Australian Federal Police check, verification of working rights and qualifications, sanctions screening and a pre-employment medical declaration.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.