At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Saab Technology Center is further expanding its development unit in Tampere and we are seeking talented and highly motivated FPGA Engineer to
support the research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of a development team, your work spans from understanding the system and requirements to making an architectural design and doing the actual construction, integration and qualification testing to ensure that the design fulfills performance expectations and meet the required high quality standards. Our ambition is strongly to support engineers extending their knowledge and experience into systems engineering, product development and be able to develop personal competencies.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- FPGA logic design, coding, simulation, and testing
- Synthesis, implementation, and timing analysis
- Debugging and stressing the design in the lab
- Support hardware and software development teams in bring-up and test of products
- Manage designs through the engineering development life cycle
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Know-how of the FPGA Design flow
- Working knowledge of Xilinx Vivado and Altera Quartus
- Working knowledge of simulation tools like Mentor Questa sim
- Hands on experience with hardware bring-up and debug of FPGA based systems
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English
- Matlab, TCL
- Understanding of RF Receiver architectures and corresponding digital signal processing
- Experience from military and/or aerospace technologies considered as an advantage
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001
What you will be a part of
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging setting, Saab may well have the conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Read more about us here