IT Solution Architect
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
With a broad scope across all facets of Information Systems, Technologies and Tools, the Solution Architect will work alongside business and IT projects to provide advice and design solutions in relation to fit-for-purpose tools, applications and other technologies that solve business demands and that align company strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and document architectural solutions for projects that meet defined requirements
- Work with Project Managers to identify technical risks and define mitigation strategies and assist in planning of project delivery
- Conduct feasibility studies, identifying solutions options and assist in the development of high quality business cases
- Design, develop and oversee the implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions
- Participate in the implementation of projects and solutions, when required
- Drive organisational change by using IT solutions knowledge and contributing to the planning and development of new products and systems roadmaps.
- Participate in technical design and system configurations reviews
You have extensive experience in a senior technical (preferably architectural) role and have been involved in the design and implementation of enterprise-wide integrated solutions, applications and tools.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience and expertise in a wide range of technology domains at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in strong business case development
- Designing and deployment of network infrastructure, virtualisation and storage infrastructure, and deployment of database systems
- Understanding of risk mitigation, reliability/availability engineering, and disaster recovery
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You are also an independent individual with high level of organisational and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of engineering processes, support tools, applications and technologies such as:
- Architectural modelling framework such as TOGAF, or Archimate
- Cloud ecosystems such as Azure or AWS
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.