Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Corporate IT group, the IT Support Officer will have a focus on providing 1st, 2nd & 3rd level support to Saab staff across all of Saab’s computing environments.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support to Saab’s internal staff and where capable, provide 3rd level support;
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests whilst ensuring prompt professional service;
- Maintain, update and create operational, support and end user documentation;
- Undertake day-to-day administrative duties, such as: account management, file & print service management, client setup, configuration and support, installation/configuration/support of corporate and enterprise wide support tools, systems, applications and technologies
- Work, communicate and cross-skill with other members of the Service Desk team, and where appropriate with the greater ICT group;
- Report to ICT Management on key issues and task outcomes;
- Actively participate in regular operational meetings as team and business needs dictate.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and a 9 day fortnight a will be considered for this role. Some domestic travel may be required, from time to time, to provide support to other Saab offices;
Your skills and experience will include:
- Demonstrated IT industry experience within a support role
- Experience with enterprise device management processes and tools;
- Working knowledge of technologies, such as: Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010/2016;. Microsoft SCCM, Collaboration software and devices. Basic Network fundamentals, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Experience working with Helpdesk and/or tasking systems;
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python, etc.);
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Good all round client facing skills with the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences;
- Knowledge/understanding of ITIL principles;
- Fundamental understanding and awareness of information security and how this is applied in operational environments;
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV2 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.