Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
The Junior Controller will be providing financial support to the growing Fareham campus while gaining exposure across several of Saab’s diverse Business Units. The role holder will have the opportunity to make a real contribution to the day-to-day operations as well as supporting the corporate reporting cycles. There will be sponsorship for the Junior Controller to complete their accountancy qualifications as well as excellent potential to learn and develop professionally within a fast paced and expanding organisation.
- Take ownership of project finance models and assist with the project accounting and control
- Provide analysis of sales and margins data to drive timely decision making data
- Assist with production of forecasts and budgets liaising closely with the relevant project and product teams
- Assist with integrating corporate Agresso ERP system into a subsidiary
- Assist with creating and implementing IFS MRP system into a growing manufacturing department
- Work closely with central finance teams to ensure timely and accurate statutory accounts
- Implementation of a framework of financial controls, monitoring and owning best practice financial processes
Who we’re looking for:
- Part-qualified ACCA or CIMA.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a finance role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems (preferred).
- Knowledge of project accounting (preferred).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Enthusiasm to contribute and take responsibility.