Lead Financial Analyst
Saab's Training & Simulation Division in Orlando, Florida is looking for a Lead Financial Analyst to join the organization. This position will report directly to the Saab U.S. CFO with dotted line responsibility to the Site General Manager. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- As the Business and Financial Controller, be solely responsible for financial planning & analysis of the business including interfacing with program teams to track and forecast financial performance.
- Being a trusted resource to the site General Manager in business related decision making including evaluation of business cases, sensitivity analysis and scenario planning.
- Interface with Accounting department to ensure accurate reporting of financial statements including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Prepare site annual Budgets and quarterly Forecasts with supporting detail and the ability to explain business performance at the business leadership level.
- Managing, tracking and measuring contract revenue recognition, cash flow, program expenditures and Estimates at Completion providing timely variance analysis to the site General Manager and other business stakeholders.
- Implement and execute Earned Value Management as required or other project control tools to measure program cost and schedule progress in order to provide advance analysis and warnings to the site General Manager and Program Managers.
- Ensuring compliance with U.S. Government contractor and acquisition regulations including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Create, negotiate and track Forward Pricing Rates including supporting DCAA reviews and audits and submitting annual Incurred Cost Proposals.
- Work with Business Development, Contracts and Program Management to prepare, price, submit and negotiate cost proposals for U.S. Government and Commercial business opportunities.
- Initiate and implement tools, processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of financial planning and analysis tasks.
Skills and Experience:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the U.S. Aerospace & Defense industry.
- Experience interacting with U.S. Government regulatory agencies (DCAA, DCMA) as well as with other Prime Contractors.
- U.S. Government Contracting experience including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations.
- Experience in costing and pricing compliant U.S. DoD proposals.
- Broad financial planning & analysis (FP&A) experience generating business and program budgets, forecasts and variance analysis.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas and graphing.
- Expert in Microsoft Powerpoint with the ability to convey financial data to different levels of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles.
- Ability to work independently but also interface with various cross functional teams and work effectively with various levels of the organization.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and financial reporting software to extract, mine and report financial data.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process and tool improvements.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite and other financial management software helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with formal U.S. Government Earned Value Management techniques helpful but not required
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.