Modelling & Analysis Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Modelling & Analysis Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat system solutions by conducting software modelling activities and trade studies using appropriate modelling and analysis tools.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain mathematical and/or software models and associated tools to support analysis
- Test and integrate models
- Design and execute formal experiments to evaluate software and model performance against multiple metrics
- Document algorithm, experiment and software designs
- Carry out statistical analysis of data obtained via modelling or trials
- Develop an understanding of the operational use of the associated system/subsystem/equipment being modelled
- Produce artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Mathematics or Science
- Extensive software/systems engineering and/or mathematical modelling experience
- Experience working within a team environment and solving complex problems
- Ability to independently comprehend complex concepts and develop creative and innovative solutions
- Sound understanding of statistical methods, including application experience in software
- Understanding of Combat Systems or similar C4I solutions
- Experience with the products, development environment and the tools used to develop and support software simulation environments
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 550 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.