Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Corporate group, the Procurement Officer is a member of the Procurement Team and is responsible for the delivery of procurement support to a range of projects, programs and corporate functions. The incumbent is expected to be an active member of the Saab Business Service Team and contribute to the achievement of the role of the Business Service Group.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Implement and manage procurement processes in relation to project and company procurement needs, including but not limited to undertaking market surveys, obtaining quotes and the negotiation, implementation and management of project and corporate orders, contracts and agreements
- Manage internal customers, external suppliers, competing priorities, and timely delivery of products, services, and associated artefacts
- Assist in the development of project/program specific Procurement Plans and other submission deliverables during capture/bid activities
- Develop tender documents and assist in tender evaluation to achieve ‘best value for money’ propositions for Saab and its customers
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non- discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ‘end to end’ procurement process and experience implementing and managing contracts and purchase orders
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, including an understanding of the principles of effective negotiation
- Proven commercial acumen with the ability to recognize and optimize issues and identify key risk areas
- Proven ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and build effective relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant contract law and accounting practices (desirable)
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a baseline clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.