As a Project Accountant, you will play a vital role in providing high level accounting and financial support for a major Defence engineering project: Combat System Integration (CSI).
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide end to end financial support
- Develop program financial plans as required
- Establish and manage the monthly financial reporting, forecasts and budgets as required
- Develop IFRS 15 documentation and ensure revenue is being recognised in accordance with IFRS 15
- Reviewing and validating the estimate to complete on each task
- Monthly completion of the Variance Analysis Reports (VARs)
- Support and review all pricing and estimating
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (Commerce, Business or Accounting)
- Demonstrated knowledge and an effective understanding of Project Performance Measurement using Earned Value to 4S4817 and the Defence Supplement (desirable)
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in using project management software e.g. Open Plan Professional (OPP), Microsoft Project (MSP)
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in using cost management software e.g. COBRA
- High level proficiency and computer skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and database applications.
- Demonstrated experience in project financial principles, including earned value management, project accounting, cost estimation processes, profit and risk sharing mechanisms
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a baseline clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.