Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principal sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful execution and delivery of multiple projects assigned to them. Projects range in size from fast paced Research projects to larger Development and System Integration projects. Success in this role will be measured against an agreed set of Metrics including aspects such as On Time Delivery, Budget Control, Revenue targets and customer satisfaction leading to repeat orders.
The role will support bids and proposal activities through the management of the process to ensure on time submission of quality proposals are achieved. The Project Manager will also provide Project Management input in support of the technical write up for bids and proposals.
A requirement to support other business functions with process initiatives and continuous improvement projects will be required.
- Accountable for the delivery of assigned Projects, both internally funded and customer funded.
- Responsibility for supply chain activities on assigned projects, including delivery, relationship management, supplier PoC and negotiations.
- Bids and proposals management, including budget management, resource planning, process management, bid writing and bid delivery.
- Customer point of contact for assigned projects.
- Supporting the functional leads to introduce new process, tools and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This will include the introduction and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics on projects.
- Function and team leadership, mentoring and Programme Management training of project leads across the business.
- Resource management, including planning, resource allocation and resource conflict management.
- Project planning including scheduling for all projects.
- Risk Management for assigned projects.
- Budget management for assigned projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- To actively participate in Blue Bear’s Performance Management Scheme.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required
- within the grade and level of the post.
- You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role
- within the company and the overall business objectives of the company. Some travel within the UK may be required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.