At Saab in West Lafayette, IN, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity, the West Lafayette facility will employ over 250 employees.
This flagship facility utilizes advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. As Saab continues to expand their team in West Lafayette, IN, we are currently seeking a Production Quality Inspector to support the operation.
As Saab is building a new advanced manufacturing facility in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking Quality Inspectors to:
- Authorize assembly process completion and support the build team with in-process inspections during the build process.
- Validate visually and dimensionally that the product meets requirements compared to engineering drawings.
- Inspect for defects in surfaces, fasteners, sealant, paint, and testing.
- Compile technical data and reports to provide feedback on final inspection results and recommended corrective actions.
- Develop deviation reports and represent quality at the Material Review Board.
- Responsible for non-conforming material processes and procedures.
- Deliver high level of workmanship in inspection processes for structural assembly and system installations.
- Contribute to a people-first culture in alignment to Saab values, demonstrating core Company values: Trust, Drive, Expertise, and Support.
- Participate in tooling validation and application to meet product requirements in quality and efficiencies.
- Develop standardization for working procedures for high repeatability.
- Other tasks as assigned
Compensation: Starting pay rate up to $24.00 per hour
The compensation range provided is a general guideline. When extending an offer, Saab, Inc. considers factors including (but not limited to) the role and associated responsibilities, location, and market and business considerations, as well as the candidate's work experience, key skills, and education/training.
Skills and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Technical degree or certification in the field of aviation assembly, mechanics, or maintenance is preferred.
- 2+ years of qualified experience in aeronautics or automotive manufacturing, quality inspection is a plus.
- Experience with ISO/AS9100 and highly standardized processes preferred.
- Experienced in quality management systems and become a subject matter expert in the company management system.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as high-performance team.
- Proficiency interpreting engineering drawings and specifications in written and digital format required.
- Ability to execute the appropriate working methods and select the right tools to meet the right level of quality and efficiency.
- Ability to work with standardized procedures for high repeatability in a highly advanced and connected environment.
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions (such as lifting or assembly of parts) including the use of handheld power tools.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, and to receive ordinary information and directives from Production Supervisors and management as required.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in eight U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.