Senior Financial Analyst
Saab, Inc. Surveillance Systems is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Business Finance organization. This position will report directly to the Surveillance Systems Finance Director and provide wide ranging financial support for DoD and other contracts as well as perform business and indirect cost analysis.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Primary financial analyst for program support contracts interfacing with program teams to track and forecast financial performance
- Implement, lead and execute Earned Value Management processes including generating analysis, metrics and reporting. Generates cost and schedule variance analysis and manages project control functions
- Supports the development and maintenance of the program budget baseline including work authorization and baseline change requests
- Forecast and track revenue recognition, cash flow, program expenditures and Estimates at Completion providing timely variance analysis
- Review program contracts to ensure business compliance to all clauses and DoD regulations
- Track program receivables and identify opportunities to improve cash flow
- Work across functions to ensure support contracts are executing to budget and delivering to schedule
- Lead proposal costing and pricing efforts including cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance
- Advise program team members and senior management of financial health of programs
- Prepare and present external and internal financial reporting
- Work with Program Managers and Finance Director to ensure program forecasts are accurately reflected in business P&L and cash flow forecasts for the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long range planning.
- Provide inputs to process improvement efforts. Work collaboratively with department to identify, propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and efficient reporting.
Skills and Experience:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- MBA Degree preferred but not required
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Financial analysis experience in the U.S. DoD contracting industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas and graphing
- Proficient with Earned Value Management (EVM) concepts, systems and reporting
- Proficient with US GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles
- U.S. Government Contracting experience desired including familiarity with FAR, DFARS and CAS rules and regulations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interface and work with various cross functional teams and work effectively across various levels of the organization
- Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with Oracle E-business Suite or other ERP systems, Cobra and other financial management software helpful but not required.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.