Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior Hardware Engineer’s focus will be developing electrical/electronic solutions that meet internal and external customer specific requirements. This includes being a technical lead for related product solutions, specifications, design, development, documentation and testing to requirements. The Senior Hardware Engineer shall be able to undertake these tasks with minimum supervision and be able to mentor and coach others within the Hardware team.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Development of hardware architectures and product roadmaps for existing, new or evolving products
- Development of specific engineering processes where required
- Development of system/subsystem product and project architectures
- Work towards becoming the subject matter expert for electrical/electronic hardware products
- Ownership for the selection of procured specialist hardware items, products and related equipment and manage integration and testing activities
- Review and/or approve Electrical/Electronic Hardware designs and related artefacts required for internal/external reviews
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Comprehensive experience in writing and/or reviewing hardware related documentation that satisfies all engineering requirements.
- Experience in designing hardware components using a number of formal design methodologies and tools
- Thorough understanding and experience of best practice principles for hardware design, development, testing and implementation
- Experience using ERP/PLM systems
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Eligible for CPEng registration with a recognized association for Electrical/Electronic Engineering
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.