Senior Logistics Engineer
Saab Inc.'s Radar Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Logistics Engineer for Supportability Analysis for radar, and EW systems.
The location of this position is flexible; the successful candidate will have the ability to either work remotely or onsite in the East Syracuse, NY office. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Perform as a logistics engineer for key program(s) including proposal activities.
• Work closely with program, product, and engineering teams to influence program and product development, to optimize supportability factors and life cycle cost.
• Perform Product Support analysis (PSA) and Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) including Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA).
• Perform Spares Analysis and Life Cycle Cost (LLC) Modelling.
• Determine Support Equipment requirements.
• Plan and execute meetings with customer including the Provisioning Guidance Conference (PGC) and Provisioning Conference (PC).
• Provide Provisioning Support for procurement and cataloging of items of supply required to sustain systems.
• Align the Engineering Data for Provisioning (EDFP) to the required maintenance level.
• Mentor junior ILS team members.
Skills and Experience:
• Skills in techniques and tools to define, quantify and analyze supportability issues across multiple ILS elements.
• Skills in development of system maintenance concepts and life cycle support plans.
• BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or related discipline
• 8+ years experience
• 12+ years of military or aerospace experience.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
• Demonstrated communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Team working skills to coordinate needs within open, multi-tasking environment in an engineering development setting.
• Ability to communicate and work with customers and subcontractors to meet requirements and coordinate opportunities
• Capable of obtaining a USG security clearance
• Demonstrated ability to direct and influence ILS teams for program/project success, and drive to results
• Demonstrated ability to execute across the entire product life cycle
• Ability to execute an ILS program plan and schedule with full integration to master project schedules
• Lead effective engagement in customer interface; ability to effectively present results/content to internal and external customers in technical and program reviews
• Ability to mentor ILS team members
• Proven knowledge/experience working with electronics systems.
Candidate should be self-motivated and possess strong team skills and strong oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with and recruit the necessary support from all functions within the organization and across the customer(s) team.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.