As part of our Deployable Health and Infrastructure group, the Stores and Logistics Officer will support the inventory holdings for JP2060 requirements in accordance with Saab procedures, and relevant industry and DoD standards.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Being a key member to the Supply Chain team delivering optimal logistic outcomes
- Undertake receipt/despatch duties, stocktaking as well as manual handling
- Operate material handling equipment such as forklifts (up to 12t) and reach trucks
- Undertake accurate equipment auditing as instructed
- Maintain and update ERP databases, MILIS and documentation control pertaining to receipt inspection and deliveries
- Liaise with external freight and customs clearance companies to ensure delivery schedules and budgets are met
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
Flexible work arrangements such as 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience in store and warehouse operations
- Forklift licence or ability to obtain
- Computer proficiency in using ERP software (e.g. IFS, SAP, Oracle etc) and Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of quality control processes and Work Health Safety (WHS) practices.
- Experience in Defence Logistics and understanding of DEF-AUST 1000C requirements
- Experience in Defence database utilisation such as MILIS
- Understanding of Department of Defence Warehouse and Distribution processes
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
As a valued team member of Saab Australia, you’ll access a variety of perks and benefits to support you and your family including:
- 6 weeks paid leave each year
- 13% Superannuation
- Free Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Access to the Saab shares matching scheme
- Access to MySaab; our online store offering everything from cash back at hundreds of stores to discounts from exclusive partners
For further information about a career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Note: This role is subject to an extended advertising period and shortlisted candidates will be contacted from 15 January 2024.
By submitting an application to Saab, you consent to undertaking workforce screening activities including, but not limited to: reference checks, Australian Federal Police check, verification of working rights and qualifications, sanctions screening and a pre-employment medical declaration.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.