At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s capability to defend and protect itself with the ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. We develop everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. Over 30 years, we’ve built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Land group, the Systems Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s ground based air defence and deployable health solutions.
They will provide systems engineering support to the Land team, produce detailed designs, including the identification and specification of lower-level products, and be accountable for the systems-level technical integrity of the developed solutions as well as cost and schedule of lower level products.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Identify and develop requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components
- Conduct detailed trade studies, including the forecast and comparison of the performance of design alternatives and customer generated changes
- Prepare detailed architecture descriptions of systems under design, including the identification and characterisation of the major architectural components
- Ensure that the system solution complies with relevant regulatory and technical standards (e.g. product safety, human factors, environmental, etc.)
- Prepare material to support system reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc.)
- Support the preparation of bids including development of the initial design architecture, work breakdown structures, level of effort and cost estimates
Your skills and experience will include:
- Application of systems engineering methodologies to the development and delivery of complex systems (i.e. communications, electrical, mechatronic)
- Full systems engineering lifecycle
- Interpretation and application of engineering standards
- Producing and reviewing technical documentation
- Defence industry experience (desirable)
- Development of training and simulation solutions such as live training or weapons simulations (desirable)
- Understanding of the lifecycles of defence projects (desirable)
- Writing and running acceptance tests in a defence environment (desirable)
- Configuration management tools and practices (desirable)
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain the appropriate clearance. International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations also apply and your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. We offer a fresh and vibrant workplace, with a focus on continuous learning, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We’re an open minded and supportive organisation, where your health, well-being and work-life balance are emphasised and you’ll have the opportunity to develop a long term career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.