Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Technical Officer is responsible for building, testing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading of a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment relating to Saab products.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide support to other Technicians (including sub-contractors) that are working in the SA Workshop on Saab products
- Conduct the hardware build, maintenance, support, and upgrade work carried out in the Saab test sites
- Prepare documentation, including Job Safety Environmental Analysis Plans that identify and mitigate hazards and risks
- Produce and/or validate technical documentation including test procedures, test reports and closing reports
- Support the design, prototyping, test and undertake installation of new Saab products and ensure they are correctly built to the engineering data and any issues are resolved/recorded and fed back for correction
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Proven knowledge of electronic components, the correct use and care of general and special purpose test equipment and good demonstrable workshop skills
- Sound knowledge of safety practices related to electronic and electrical equipment, especially electrical safety and electrostatic discharge (ESD) prevention
- Ability to read circuit diagrams and follow the instructions contained in technical manuals and test procedures
- Demonstrable problem solving skills including fault diagnosis and repair of Saab equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in comprehensive technical report writing
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.