Saab Seaeye are a world leader in underwater robotics with are reputation for innovation and excellence. For over 30 years our systems have operated in some of the most hostile environments on the planet and to depths of nearly two miles below the surface of the world’s oceans. Our pioneering technology has revolutionised the underwater robotics industry.
The Test Technician will test all main assemblies and sub-assemblies (including PCB’s) to the correct test procedure. To ensure all sub-assemblies and tested components are completed on time and in-line with delivery schedules whilst ensuring the highest quality standards are maintained.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To test and repair products as prioritised by the department team leader.
- To maintain and help generate test procedures and build documentation.
- To test / repair any PCB’s or assemblies in accordance with test procedures and to the quality control standards.
- To maintain /repair and help design company test equipment.
- To highlight any build / design faults to the electronics workshop supervisor.
- To raise change requests and provide information to improve product quality, or improve efficiency to support the continual improvement process.
- To help and support others with training when possible by passing on knowledge and skills.
- To be able to understand and interpret electrical drawings.
- To ensure any soldering and electrical looming is carried out to a high standard in line with company standards and procedures.
- To maintain a good knowledge in the use of crimp tools, crimps, receptacle, sleeving and heat shrink materials.
- To ensure a good knowledge in the use of fibre optic termination equipment and testing.
- To ensure that their working area is a safe and clean environment and in compliance with the 5S best practice and health & safety policies.
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by the team leader or Manufacturing Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Further education in Electrical or Electronic engineering (e.g. ONC, HNC, HND)
- Good knowledge of electrical and electronic components and principles.
- Experienced in the use of multi-meters and Oscilloscopes with a knowledge of both analogue and digital systems.