A Proven Minesweeping USV
Self-propelled Acoustic-Magnetic (SAM), the minesweeping Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) has proven its ability to effectively clear infested waters, with 13 units operated by 4 navies around the world. SAM 3 is the third generation of the effective USV, and has a number of enhanced features:
SAM is operating unmanned with either remote or autonomous control, keeping ships and crews outside of mine danger areas. It is highly suited for minesweeping operations in confined waters in depths of 3–60+ m (10–200+ ft), such as ports, archipelagos, and narrow shipping corridors.
The vessel can easily be shipped by land, sea or air in a 40 ft container. SAM is equipped with a programmable sweep signature output against ‘smart’ mines and superb shock resilience to close proximity mine detonations.
Construction and Design
- All relevant structures produced in none
ferrous, none magnetic, none corrosive composite carbon fiber and GRP materials
- Inflatable RIB floats with wide beam that can absorb high shock loads and counteracts explosion-induced capsizing
- Resiliently mounted deckhouses
- Designed for excellent sea keeping and agile and precise maneuvering
- High payload capability
- Optimized minimum platform pitch and roll movement, thus delivering a steadier distribution of the deck coil generated vertical magnetic field.
- A large area for the deck coil enalbes higher signature levels.
- Magnetic and acoustic minesweeping with two axis electromagnetic signature effectors and clip on acoustic sweep gear
- Command and control via a PC based stand-alone C2 system, or fully integrated into an existing MCMV C2 system
- Mission planning, execution and evaluation including data export for post-mission analysis
- Tracks, turnarounds etc. followed in full synchronization with the signature generation system and support for up to four SAM 3 drones working in formation to simulate large vessel signatures
- Flexible magnitude and shape tuning of both magnetic and acoustic signatures enables sweeping in both Target Setting Mode (TSM) and Mine Setting Mode (MSM) with authentically simulated signatures and known mine trigger parameters
- Full simulation of vessel signature profiles
Modularity and flexibility
Storage and transport can be carried out in a ubiquitous open-top 40 ft ISO container. Transport with civilian/military means, as well as airlifting, ensures a minimal reaction time. SAM can be launched from a support ship or with a 14 ton crane and is mounted/dismounted within 24 hours, thus ensuring fast launching and rapid deployment.