CONNECTING EVERYTHING MARITIME
The most versatile Class-A AIS system on the market
R6 Supreme AIS/VDES is type approved for AIS and prepared for future VDES functionality with its new state-of-the-art Software Defined Radio providing an outstanding AIS sensitivity of - 118 dBm. Designed and tested to IEC 61933-2 and future ITU-R M.2092-1 as applicable.
Ease of Use
The R6 Supreme is intuitive and easy to operate and designed to be a tool for the daily work. It is equipped with an all-new Control and Display Unit (CDU), featuring a speedy modern graphical user interface (GUI) in a brilliant, sunlight readable 7-inch touch display with accurate colours at any viewing angle. The display has a resolution of 1024x600 pixels in more than 16M colours. The CDU has interface for central bridge equipment dimming. All information is easy to access through a GUI that reminds of a modern smartphone.
The R6 Supreme is equipped with a state-of-the-art Software Defined Radio, providing class-leading sensitivity exceeding international standards substantially improving signal reception and range.
Power of Dual-Use
The R6 Supreme can be integrated with a Saab type approved Navigation GNSS receiver, and share the Control and Display Unit (CDU) to minimize the number of screens on the bridge and lower the cost for equipment and installation.
In a truly innovative design, Saab has once again created a class-leading AIS unit that goes well beyond any system previously on the market. The R6 Supreme meets the Class-A AIS radio requirements with ease, and also implements advanced waveforms and communication protocols as defined by the VHF Digital Exchange System standards (VDES). The R6 Radio is capable of handling 64 parallel receive or transmit processes allowing for reception and operation of AIS, ASM, VDE-Terrestrial, VDE-Satellite, AMRD, DSC and Secure AIS over all channels, in parallel regardless of bandwidth or if they are on the lower or upper band. The R6 Supreme incorporates also the new Bridge Alarm Management (BAM) standard as well as dual LAN interfaces (IEC 61162-450) for efficient network integration into bridge systems.
The R6 Supreme AIS/VDES system can easily be integrated with other on-board systems such ECDIS, radar or other display solutions using traditional NMEA serial communication or network interface. Dual network interfaces in both the transponder and CDU makes it simple to install on redundant bridge networks. The R6 Supreme offers same VHF and GPS antenna interfaces as with the majority of other AIS equipment, which simplifies re-use of cabling when upgrading.
- Class-leading with increased sensitivity (better than -118 dBm) and resilient to interference.
- Meets SOLAS V Carriage requirements for AIS.
- Designed to meet new advanced communication modes, as defined by ITU-R M.2092-1 for VDES.
- Future World-Wide connectivity over VDES-Satellite data links.
- Meets IEC standard for cyber security of navigation and radio communication systems.
- Dual IEC 61162-450 network interfaces.
- Built-in multi GNSS receiver.
- CDU with waterproof front for exposed panel mount installations.
- Versatile installation options.
- Type approved DGNSS add-on kit.
- Saab Secure encrypted communication.
- STANAG 4668 compatibility (warship AIS).
- Hot-Standby redundancy.
- VDES Communication (ASM, VDE-Terrestrial and VDE-Satellite).