Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Underwater group, the Electrical Engineer’s main focus will be electrical engineering support for Saab’s domestic and international submarine related projects. This will involve generating production data and detailed designs including wiring diagrams, cable diagrams, component selection and electrical drawings using electrical engineering software tools. In addition, this role will involve working in close collaboration with adjacent engineering teams (system engineers, mechanical engineers and software programmers etc). This engineering work is undertaken on a multitude of projects in a dynamic and international environment in close collaboration with overseas engineering entities.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Involvement in all phases of product development from gathering and understanding system level requirements, through to preliminary/detailed design and production support for new products, systems and supporting assemblies and equipment
- Ensure that products and services meet all customer needs as well as meeting company requirements in terms of schedule/cost, safety and quality
- Safeguard the integrity of the engineering processes by following the defined technical processes and, where applicable, suggesting process innovation and improvements
- Ensuring all applicable standards and QA procedures are followed to ensure regulatory compliance
- Comply with legislation and company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering)
- Proficiency in the use of electrical engineering software tools for the design of electrical engineering arrangements
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing ruggedized designs
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturing and production support (workshop/purchasing)
- Defence industry experience (desirable)
- Experience in development of bespoke electrical equipment/system designs for maritime applications (desirable)
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.