Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As the Product Manager within our Land group, your work will be key to manage the Land portfolio of products and ensure they align with the business strategic plans. This role will also involve working closely with the sales team to identify and assess market opportunities and be part of important product investment decisions.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Manage and develop the Business Cases to introduce new products including any R&D investment and make buy decisions
- Work with Saab’s international product owners to introduce overseas Saab products into the Saab Australia Land Product Portfolio
- Align product development and specifications with customer needs
- Manage the process of commercialising the product including marketing material, specifications/data sheet, packaging and training material
- Manage the phase out of products including working with end users to communicate end of support and last time buys
- Use metrics to track and report the status of product development
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualified in Business Administration, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience across the product development process (preferably medical) from initial concept phase through to development, verification, regulatory approval, production setup and launch, ideally in a defence or healthcare environment
- Experience with certification standards (e.g. ISO 9001) and product management tools (e.g. MS Project and Jira)
- Proven ability in customer liaison and stakeholder engagement
- Experience in product design and development for a defence or healthcare environment desirable
- Experience with designing Hospital Architectures, Mobile Field Hospitals or deployable infrastructure desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.